There’s no time you say? Healthy snacks for work might be low on your priority list but these quick and easy granola bar recipes will make snacks at work delicious, healthy and easy.
Use them as a cookie replacement with a cup of coffee or keep them at home for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1cup quinoa
- 1 cut oats
- ½ cup coconut
- 1 cup combination of nuts and dried fruit
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup tahini paste ( as a healthy alternative for peanut butter)
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a ceramic or glass 9x9 inch baking dish.
- You can find “rinsed and ready to use” quinoa at some supermarkets - make sure you rinse, cook and dry your quinoa before roasting.
- Spread oats and quinoa on parchment paper and toast in preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Return mixture to a large bowl and add coconut, nuts, and dried fruit.
- In a medium saucepan, combine salt, tahini paste, honey, coconut oil and brown sugar.
- Bring to boil over medium heat and immediately remove from heat.
- Pour over oats mixture and combine until dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Pour combined ingredients into baking dish.
- Press mixture down so it is firmly compacted in dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned on the edges.
- Let cool for up to 2 hours and then cut and serve.
For a naughty version of this treat:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 30second intervals – stirring until melted.
- Cut granola into bars.
- Dip each one in the chocolate and let sit chocolate side up on parchment paper until hardened.
Why not shake it up and try including these healthy ingredients too:
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
Having trouble working out what nuts and fruits to use? Try these: